A home inspection is a crucial part of the home buying process, and for good reason. A home inspection is simply an all encompassing inspection of the condition of a home. Usually, but not always, this process is performed at the time of the sale of a home. Home inspections are important for a number of reasons, so it is vital that you do not waive your right to an inspection.
The main benefit to a home inspection is that it prevents you from mistakenly purchasing a home that has more repairs than you are ready to tackle. A good home inspection will allow you to know exactly what you are getting in your future home, and covers all systems of the home including plumbing, roofing, electrical, and more. Particularly if you are a first time home buyer, you may be wondering what to expect during your Palm Beach home inspection, If this is the case, then you are in luck! Our team has put together some tips and tricks to help you better understand what to expect during your Palm Beach home inspection.
Palm Beach Home Inspection Tips
When you are going through the home inspection process, here are several things that you can expect to see and hear about when it comes to your new home:
- Structural elements. Your home inspector will check your floors, walls, ceilings, roof and foundation for any signs of current damage, or signs that future damage may be just around the corner.
- Exterior evaluation. The inspector will also conduct a thorough inspection and evaluation of the exterior of your home, including your wall coverings, landscaping, drainage, driveway, fences, sidewalks, trim, doors, windows and more. Again, he or she is searching for signs of current or future damage. These repairs can be costly, so it is important that your inspector not overlook anything here.
- When it comes time to inspect the plumbing in your new home, your inspector will will examine the pipes and materials, as well as their condition. The plumbing system includes pipes to all of your sinks, showers, toilets, bathtubs, and traps.
- Roof and attic space. Here, your inspector will check out your roof and the space in your attic, as well as the framing and ventilation. Keep in mind that this inspection does not serve as a guarantee of roof condition or provide any sort of a roof warranty.
- Your home inspector will examine all facets of your home’s electrical system and its wiring, in order to make sure that they are safely functioning and up to code. It is important that you work with a home inspector who is familiar with electrical systems.
- If your new home has a garage, your home inspector will also check the interior and the exterior of your garage. He or she will check the slab, the ceiling and vents, and any receptacles, among others.
These are just some of the items that will be on your home inspection checklist, but they will help you have some idea of what to expect during your Palm Beach home inspection.
Palm Beach Gardens Florida Real Estate
If you are searching for Palm Beach real estate, then you have come to the right place. Our team at Jupiter Lighthouse Realty is comprised of industry leading experts, and we would love the opportunity to put our skills and experience to work for you. We pride ourselves on offering our clients the very best real estate experience, and you can rest assured that you are working with a team of real estate professionals that you can trust. We are a team of honest, hardworking and loyal professionals, offering you integrity and trustworthiness through every step of the home buying or selling process.
Spend some time perusing our website, to learn more about real estate and life in Jupiter and the surrounding areas. Whether you are searching for a new home for your family or Palm Beach Gardens vacation rentals, we are standing by and here to help. Catch up on our blog, and be sure not to miss our last post with tips on buying a Palm Beach foreclosure. When you are ready to start your home search, browse through our current listings to get a feel for the type of home you are looking for. Then give us a call or connect with us online to get started today!