When you are selling your home, it is no secret that staging your home is a great strategy to help it sell faster. Staging your home properly can help highlight your home’s strengths, downplay its weaknesses, and help you appeal to the largest possible pool of potential and prospective home buyers. But did you know that you can also stage your rental property to help find tenants faster?
Staging your Palm Beach rental property offers you the same benefits. You know your own property better than anyone else, and staging it yourself – or with the help of a professional – can help you play up your property’s strengths and show prospective tenants how to use and utilize the space in your property for maximum efficiency.
Tips for Renting Your Palm Beach Home Quickly
But how do you best go about staging your Palm Beach rental property? Here are a few tips and tricks to help you in staging your Palm Beach rental property:
- Avoid clutter at all costs. This may seem like a no brainer, but stay away from the clutter! One of the most common reasons for a home feeling cluttered is too much furniture, or furniture that is too big for the space it is being used in. Stick with a few key pieces in each room, and make sure that the scale of the furniture is proportionate to the size and dimensions of the room.
- Group your furniture properly. The main idea behind staging your property is to allow prospective tenants to feel what it would be like living in this space, and to demonstrate how the rooms and space would be best utilized. Group your furniture accordingly. Make sure the rooms flow correctly, and show tenants how their furniture can be best grouped to allow for conversations, relaxing, and the like.
- Repurpose any unused or awkward spaces. Perhaps you have a space in your property that is being used to collect clutter — or is not being used at all. Take a long and hard look at your property, and try to see it through a tenant’s eyes. Repurpose an awkward and unused space just inside your garage entryway into a mudroom, for instance.
- Lighting is key. You would be surprised at the effects that lighting can have on a room. One of the most common lighting mistakes is lights that are too bright for a space. Take a look at the wattage in your lamps and lights. A good rule of thumb is to aim for no more than 100 watts per every 50 square feet of space. Also, keep in mind that floor lamps or table height lighting can also often be more flattering than harsh overhead lighting.
- Make your rooms feel as large as possible. A handy trick to making smaller rooms feel larger is to paint them the same color as the adjoining or adjacent room. This creates an optical illusion, making the room appear larger than it actually is. Another trick along these same lines is to use mirrors, particularly in rooms that have windows. Images and light bouncing off of mirrors can trick the eye into thinking that it is looking at another window — also making the room feel and appear larger than it actually is.
Palm Beach Gardens Real Estate
We hope these tips will help you when staging your Palm Beach rental home. If you ever have any questions, such as what to know about renting your Palm Beach home or would just like to talk with someone about a vacation rental Jupiter Florida, then you have come to the right place! Our team at Jupiter Lighthouse Realty is made up of local real estate experts, and we would love the opportunity to help you with your real estate needs, whether you are buying or selling your home, or interested in renting in the Palm Beach area.
Browse through our website to get some good ideas of the homes available here. Be sure to check out our blog also, with plenty of real estate and lifestyle tips for Florida living. When you are ready to take your first steps in your real estate journey, give us a call or connect with us online. We are looking forward to hearing from you!